Director of Application Development
Power is seeking a Director of Application Development to join our Business Technology team at our state of the art headquarters located just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Reporting to the VP of Application Development and Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to work with talented people on challenging problems and make a significant impact on the business and industry. We believe deeply in what we do: to build something lasting, sustainable and positive.
As the Director of Application Development, you will be charged with helping to build a technology organization focused on delivering state of the art technology solutions to our growing business. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our software development initiatives and our platform. We are a development culture stepped in learning and collaboration, and your experience as a technology leader who has led strong teams through large scale technology projects will instantly go to use as we take on major initiatives and technology rollouts. This is a senior leadership position that requires strong technical expertise, exceptional communication skills, and a strategic mindset.
Come be part of an amazing team and see what it’s like to brag about your team and where you work.
What we do here:
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
- Provide strategic direction and technical guidance to the software development team.
- Collaborate with product specialist, architects, and other stakeholders to define project requirements and timelines.
- Lead the recruitment, onboarding, and professional development of software engineering talent.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the software development team.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards, best practices, and coding guidelines.
- Oversee the design, development, and testing of software applications, ensuring compliance with quality standards and industry best practices.
- Monitor project progress, identify and mitigate risks, and provide regular updates to senior management.
- Drive the adoption of Agile methodologies and participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and frameworks and evaluate their potential impact and opportunities for our software development processes.
- 5+ years of experience leading application development teams and delivering large scale, technology initiatives.
- 10+ years in software engineering, including software design, development, and delivery.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with a track record of building and managing high-performing software engineering teams.
- Expertise in software development methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, or Kanban.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Ruby, Python, C++, or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of software development frameworks, tools, and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results on time
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary- $145,000-$165,000
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - We provide books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
***Must be able to work on site at our National Headquarters in suburban Philadelphia at least 3 days per week.***
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.