We’re a full-service, in-house creative team that is fresh, fast-paced, and innovative, working within the nation’s largest home remodeler to effectively market and communicate the brand story. We are seeking an Art Director to join our team.
The Art Director will lead the design team responsible for the graphic, environmental, event and presentation design for Power. This person has experience leading a creative team, as well as being a graphic designer. They understand what it means to create and maintain a brand voice and brand standards in all deliverables, and has experience mentoring less experienced creatives to bring out their best work. This person will support internal and external communications across a wide-range of business verticals including events, technology, product animation, and social media.
Recognized by Glassdoor, FORTUNE, Inc., and Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top workplaces in the country, Power frequently ranks ahead of companies like Google and Facebook. Power is growing quickly—opening 10 new offices in the next five years and eclipsing $1B in annual revenue.
We’re looking for a seasoned art director with 10-15 years of demonstrated relevant experience who is passionate about expanding their skills and creative freedom in a new role. This person is highly organized, proactive, detail-oriented, and takes direction well. This role works closely with the entire Brand team, and reports to the Vice President of Creative Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the design department by hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff, while maintaining your own design workload.
- Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service.
- Collaborate with in-house photography team to establish brand photography standards.
- Collaborate with copywriters, editors, videographers and motion graphics on video productions.
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations.
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement.
- Analyze market trends, consumer needs, and the competitive landscape, and track campaign performance.
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the creative team.
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and oversee storyboards.
- Obtain team approval by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations, encouraging members to provide feedback, and responding to internal commentary and requests.
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use.
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 10 years as a professional graphic designer, 5 years as an Art Director with 4+ years of experience in management role
- Photography and Video production experience
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
- The Art Director works in a hybrid office environment. Some travel may be required
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.