The Payroll Practitioner is responsible for support of daily payroll activities, along with resolving payroll-related issues. This employee collaborates with department leadership on special projects, and provides guidance to business units and staff in completing payroll processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Payroll Manager and Director of Payroll by performing payroll processing, answering and resolving questions or problems, and following up on payroll-related issues.
- Provides support for all employee payroll processes, including making changes to the payroll system as they occur.
- Collects and reviews employee time sheets for compliance with state and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding payroll requests (ex- terminations, new hires, compensation, reporting)
- Assists in collecting data for general audits and special projects with time sensitive deadlines.
- Prepare employee verification inquiries or direct to Work Number for agencies.
- Participate in training of business/staff units for Payroll Shadows.
- Remain up to date on federal, state and local best practices.
- Assists with process improvement/documentation initiatives.
- Must be able to sit at a desk and type for eight hours a day.
- Other as assigned by Management.
The Payroll Practitioner must be a skilled, ambitious, innovative and resourceful individual capable of supporting the Director of Payroll and Payroll Manager while upholding strict confidentiality. The employee must have the flexibility to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth. The Payroll Practitioner must be fully focused on organization and precision to maintain a strict payroll schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor/Associate’s degree or equivalent from a college or technical school, or relevant prior work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2-4 years of payroll experience, preferably with ADP Payroll System and reporting software required.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
FPC or CPP preferred but not required.
The Payroll Practitioner works in an office environment.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.