Database Administrator (Kubernetes)
Experienced Database Administrator (Kubernetes) (5+ years)
Power is seeking an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) with 5+ years of experience to join our team. We are reinventing the home remodeling industry and to do that, we designed a web application platform that supports our people, our ingenuity, and our growth.
At Power, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging technology problems and design solutions that are lasting, sustainable and positive. You will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team and get to work alongside other top talent, including our growing team of application architects, UX designers, engineers and awesome developers. You will be empowered to make decisions and enjoy great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job. As an experienced DBA, you will be expected to bring your knowledge to help us build and deliver highly visible products and help grow and mentor other team members.
Come be part of an amazing team and see what it’s like to brag about where you work.
What we do here
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more. We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
- 5+ years managing relational database systems (including MySQL, Postgresql, Redis, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch).
- 1+ year working with Kubernetes or other comparable container orchestration or similar system
- Knowledge of industry norms and the infrastructure to define, document, maintain and educate on database deployment standards.
- Demonstrates debugging and maintenance prowess with respect to database systems
- Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
- Enjoy working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
- Solid communication, collaboration and mentoring skills to work with a range of colleagues from product specialists and end-users, to UX designers and developers
- Strong interest in continued personal and professional development, inclusive of learning new technologies
- Databases Experience: MySQL, Postgresql, Redis, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, LDAP
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Team: Scrum, Git
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
- 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
Location Remote, within 3 hours of EST or Hybrid at our HQ just outside of Philadelphia, PA.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please submit the accommodation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.