Location: Newark, DE
The Director of Benefits and Wellness will have strong leadership skills, extensive professional-level experience in the administration of a comprehensive benefits program, is a proven innovative problem-solver with exceptional customer focus and communication skills. To thrive in this position, he/she must demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills; handle and prioritize multiple assignments and/or projects; drive execution, think strategically, and excel in a fast-paced environment with high demands.
Your accountabilities in this role:
- Directly manages the day-to-day operations of benefits and wellness programs which drives efficient and cost-effective operational practices
- Manages vendor contracts and performance, and resolves escalated operational issues to ensure that employees receive the highest level of service
- Ensures that plans are compliant with all relevant benefits laws and regulations including ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, DOL, and IRS
- Maintains plan documents and ensures all participant reporting and disclosure requirements are met
- Works with our Broker on recommendations updates /or changes to programs to remain competitive in the market while utilizing state-of-the-art practices to maintain or reduce cost
- Implements improvements, initiatives, and key projects to ensure programs are aligned with business objectives and compliant with governing regulations
- Works with the Brand team to design communication plans and develop strategies to improve onboarding, employee awareness of, and participation in, benefits programs.
- Manages and motivates staff, reviews and assesses performance, develops and builds employee skills, supports staff professional development, and enables employees to optimize their contributions
- In-depth knowledge of benefits administration and compliance in accordance with ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations
- Ability to effectively collaborative with internal and external customers at all levels
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities, be a self-starter, work well under pressure and maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to deliver accurate, timely results and respond to frequent ad hoc requests
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data to determine trends
- Exemplary customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation and efficiency
- Six years of benefits and wellness administration including at least two years of supervisory experience
- Eight years’ experience in employee benefits administration
- Experience managing a large benefits budget
- Experience working with self-insured benefit plans
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $135,000 - $145,000
- Full medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses, & conferences.
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave.