Location: Jenkintown, PA
Power is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineers team at our headquarters, just outside Philadelphia, PA. SREs at Power create and support our mission-critical business applications. Power’s Site Reliability Engineers enjoy a large degree of autonomy, and will work as part of a Scrum team focused on continuous improvement. In particular, we’re looking for someone who is a strong problem-solver, who relishes a challenge of delivering ambitious features and combating complex issues. Each person on our team is empowered to make technical decisions and influences the choice of the tools and methods for the job.
What does “SRE” mean to us? We choose to organize our teams around the ability to deliver great work rather than individual specialties, and focus on eliminating manual processes. At Power, you will join an established cross-functional team of developers, support personnel, and product owners. While your primary responsibility will be to handle network & infrastructure tasks, we encourage each team member to reach beyond their normal sphere. For example, one team member may be primarily responsible for DevOps and handle requests around application scalability, while another may be primarily an application developer building user-facing features. Both will contribute to planning, building and maintaining the infrastructure to support those features.
We build and support critical tools that enable the people we support to work more efficiently across a wide range of devices, technologies and physical spaces. We enjoy high visibility among the people who use what we create, and are expected to keep them in mind as we solve their problems. To do so, we employ technologies like Cisco Nexus and Catalyst, Cisco ISR, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, F5’s load balancers, Linux, automation, infrastructure as code, Ansible, and extra tools such as CheckMK, Grafana and Tacacs+. If you enjoy delighting people by making computers do the heavy lifting, all while solving complex technical challenges while overhauling an industry, come join us!
Required Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5 years’ configuring and administering Cisco network equipment, i.e. routers, switches, etc.
- At least 3 years’ configuring and administering Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Ethernet switches (upgrading, stacking, and VPC)
- A strong experience with BGP and EIGRP routing protocols
- A solid understanding of Spanning-Tree and HSRP protocols
- Experience with Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Fortigate, etc.)
- Background with F5 Load Balancers
- Familiarity with network tracing tools like Wireshark and OS tracing tools like tcpdump, iftop, etc.
- A strong experience with Cabling and Physical Network tasks (Copper, Fiber, Twinax, transceivers, etc.)
- Good understanding in Unix Based System
- Solid shell scripting & automation experience
- Experience with Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Background with Monitoring, Netflow tools and Capacity Plan
- Experience working in a datacenter with physical infrastructure (network, cabling, etc.)
- Documenting network configuration or design
- Curiosity and aptitude for learning complex systems
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to deliver quality work on time
- Experience with TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP authentication
- Good understanding of Compute and Storage
- Experience with configuring and administering Meraki Wireless Networks
- Technical certifications such as CCNA or better in Cisco Data Center is a plus.
- CCNP in Routing and Switching are preferred, but a CCNA with solid Routing and Switching is acceptable with demonstrated experience.
- Good understanding with Voice over IP (SIP), especially either Asterisk or FreeSWITCH
- Basic experience with Git, GitHub, and Pull Request workflow
- Familiarity with Scrum Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team on stories as described in our agile project management tool
- Participate in our Scrum process with weekly planning, daily standups and weekly retrosectives
- Work a rotating On Call shift to handle after-hours requests
- Our stack currently includes the following technologies, but is constantly evolving. Knowledge of these specific technologies is preferred, but we’re equally interested in someone who can learn new technologies quickly, perhaps being the first on the Team to use them
- Routing and Switching: Cisco
- Firewall: Cisco ASA and Palo Alto
- Load Balancer: F5
- Wireless: Meraki and Cisco
- Monitoring: CheckMK and Grafana
- Automation and Infrastructure as Code : Ansible
- AAA: Tacacs+
- Unix Based Systems: Linux
- Organizational tools: Proprietary Scrum tool, Git and GitHub
Education and Experience
- 5 years of relevant industry experience, majority with Cisco devices.
- Proven track record of delivering projects
- Experience working on small teams preferred
- Corporate Headquarters, outside of Philadelphia, PA
Who We Are
For more than 30 years, Power Home Remodeling Group has been the most trusted name in replacement windows, siding, roofing, and entry doors. Trusted because we care about our products being energy efficient and cost effective. Trusted because we value integrity, honesty and true craftsmanship. Trusted because we believe in total customer satisfaction without compromise. Due to these commitments...we have been trusted by over 1M homeowners nationwide. Throughout our 30 year history, it’s never just been about windows. It’s been about delivering on our promises — to our customers and to our employees. When you join the Power team — more than 3,000 strong and growing — you’ll experience a shared dedication to a greater goal. Our proven sales training program gets you where you’re going faster, with Power employees reaching higher salaries three times faster than their pharmaceutical and financial sales counterparts. And while you’re earning big, you’ll also have the opportunity to give big — in the form of unmatched co-worker support, camaraderie and charitable community outreach. With locations in eighteen major cities and aggressive plans to expand across the country, a career at Power is the “more” you’ve been looking for. Accolades for Power: #1 Workplace for Millennials by Fortune Magazine #10 Glassdoor.com Employee’s Choice Best Place To Work (2017) #17 ComputerWorld Best Places To Work in IT (2017) One of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies Philly.com Top Workplace for Midsized Companies Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies (2015) CIO Timothy Wenhold named Philadelphia Business Journal’s 2015 Top IT Pro