Location: Las Vegas, NV
The HR Advisor is an individual contributor who directly supports and is a strategic liaison to assigned business areas and functions. This is an employee-facing role where the HR Advisor is learning to operate as a data-driven advisor and consultant while focusing on developing and fine-tuning employee relations and investigation skill-sets. The HR Advisor helps solve business issues through the people side of the business with the assistance of their VP. The HR Advisor is developing a deep understanding of the business, its culture and future plans to ensure that HR helps the business make an impact and meet its objectives. The successful HR Advisor will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HR Advisor is learning to assess and anticipates HR-related needs and communicates those needs proactively with the HR department and the People Divisions. The HR Advisor is seeking to to develop partnerships with territory advisors and leaders across the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends and/or conducts weekly/biweekly meetings with respective business units, advisors and territories.
- Consults with VP’s, Mentors, Directors, BA’s and Department Heads providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Assists with analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Operations, Benefits Administration and People Tech & Process Teams to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and helps to resolve mid to complex employee relations issues. Empowers business leaders to make their own decisions and handle employee issues with guidance.
- Fine-tunes conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Seeks out and maintains employment-law knowledge. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Starts developing knowledge of the internal & external marketplace, the role of technology, and possess an understanding of all relevant stakeholders.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to territory management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with the People Department Divisions, territory, HQ management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Identifies training needs for business units and partners with Training and Development to see those needs are fulfilled.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of HR-driven training programs.
- Effectively deliver HR training and Department overviews.
- Prioritizes and manages assigned and architected projects strategically from inception through completion.
- Special projects assigned by VP.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and on a team. Under limited supervision, be able to:
- Effectively mediate, communicate and present
- Form and maintain business relationships using interpersonal skills
- Problem Solve/ Think Analytically; understand how emotions effect decisions
- Demonstrate resiliency to effectively deal with resistance
- Project manage
- Act as a change agent
- Consult on managing employee performance
- Demonstrate business acumen
- Demonstrate effectiveness/credibility
- Show flexibility
- Take initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required in Human Resources Management or related field. Previous Generalist HR experience is preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Human Resources Certification encouraged. SHRM Workplace Investigations Specialty Credential required.
The HR Advisor works in an office environment and from home according to HR’s WFH rules. Travel is required.
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- Competitive salary- $70,000 - $80,000
- Personal development - We provide books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please submit the accommodation request to email@example.com