Location: Doylestown, PA
The Product Owner is the voice of the stakeholders, sponsors and users of Nitro in the development process. The Product Owner works to understand and promote the vision of Nitro, set prioritization of development objectives, and eliminate obstacles to development of those objectives. Participating in the agile software development methodologies, the Product Owner partners with the Scrum Master to lead the scrum team by effectively communicating requirements, goals, and priorities. The Product Owner leverages operational experience and strategic planning expertise, as well as knowledge gained by directly communicating with business stakeholders and sponsors to guide initiatives to maximize the business value delivered by the scrum team. The Product Owner possesses an in-depth knowledge of the vision, goals and desired objectives of the initiatives and acts as the first authority for decisions regarding business value and functionality for all the work done by the scrum team.
- Manage the complete product lifecycle, from strategic planning and ideation through implementation and launch
- Develop, plan and strategize to enhance current products and introduce new products to generate additional revenue and/or realize operational efficiencies
- Work closely with the stake holders and scrum team to create use cases, define requirements and prioritize software features
- Maintain a well defined backlog of epics and stories to implement approved products by coordinating with both executive leadership and department heads
- Work with stakeholders to develop business requirements and translate the requirements into epics and stories for development teams
- Lead Backlog grooming sessions to prioritize all stories and epics for features, architectural and non-functional requirements.
- Track and execute on product road-maps, development schedules and product/component designs
- Represent business stakeholders on the scrum team
- Partner with UX teams to ensure product design supports business workflow and Nitro development standards
- Monitor competition, identify, and analyze significant changes
- Manage overall project plan in an effort to meet product release timelines
- Spend time with users gathering feedback and then integrate that feedback into the design cycle
- Plan, develop, and coordinate on-going, in-house product training programs for multiple audiences
- Conduct special topic training in support of business needs and support projects when needed
- Develop a thorough understanding of goals and priorities, competitive differentiators, customer needs and industry trends to identify new software feature opportunities
- Generate a weekly status update on assigned products
- Confirm suitability of newly developed features by testing in all environments
- Must have knowledge, talent, and technology experience reflecting leadership capability.
- Must have an excellent coaching personality and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must have 2+ years experience in a medium or large scale enterprise environment.
- Must have experience working with C-level executives and business leaders.
- Experience working according to Agile principles, taking a prioritized, pragmatic approach to ensure the correct product gets built and delivered on time.
- Prior experience working with remote and local development teams a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- State-of-the art training and support
- Fitness Center
- Paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power
- A dynamic social program filled with can't miss events, parties, and activities, including an annual bonus in the form of a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other