Job Title: Associate Legal Counsel
Location: Headquarters: Greater Philadelphia Area
Power Home Remodeling is the nation’s leading residential construction company dedicated to excellence in all aspects of home improvement and continually strives to create superior customer experiences in a people-first culture. The Power in-house legal team is growing and seeks a dedicated Associate Legal Counsel to join our dynamic legal team and provide expert guidance in commercial litigation and risk management.
As an Associate Legal Counsel at Power, you will play a critical role in safeguarding Power’s legal interests related to commercial litigation and risk management. You will work closely with Power’s Principal Counsel, internal stakeholders, and external legal counsel to ensure that risks are identified and mitigated effectively.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our business while working in a collaborative and supportive environment. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player with three to five years of private practice experience at a regional or national law firm.
- Lead and supervise commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, insurance claims, and other legal actions.
- Collaborate with external law firms to develop litigation strategies and represent Power in court when necessary.
- Assist in managing litigation, including discovery, settlement negotiations, and trials.
- Identify and assess legal risks associated with residential construction projects and business operations.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to minimize potential legal issues.
- Review and negotiate agreements and insurance policies to protect Power’s interests.
- Stay updated on changes in relevant laws and regulations, particularly in the home improvement industry.
- Ensure company policies and practices are compliant with legal requirements.
- Provide training and guidance to internal teams on legal compliance matters.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to internal departments on a wide range of legal issues.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes through negotiation or alternative dispute resolution methods.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law with a state bar.
- Minimum of three years of experience in commercial litigation, preferably with a reputable regional or national law firm.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and legal research skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to think strategically and provide practical legal solutions.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize under pressure, and excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, with a passion for learning and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- This is a fully in-office position at Power’s Headquarters located in Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Competitive Salary.
- Competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by Power.
- Full medical, dental, life, and disability insurance plans with immediate digital access to physicians across the U.S.
- Ample paid vacation and holidays.
- Paid parental leave and paid volunteer time off.
- Free health screenings and rewards for participation in wellness programs
- Opportunities to further develop skills and attend leadership conferences and summits.
- A robust social program filled with events, and activities, including a company trip to a tropical destination for you and a significant other.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumé with a cover letter detailing their relevant experience.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please submit the accommodation request to email@example.com
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.